Required Tools and Supplies
- 4 3/8" diameter 316 grade stainless steel bolts of sufficient length to accommodate the BattleWagon mount base, boat deck or radar arch, and backing plate if utilized (recommended)
- 8 3/8" diameter 316 grade stainless steel washers
- 4 3/8" 18-8 grade stainless steel nuts
- Silicone sealant
- Wrenches/sockets of appropriate size
- Tools required by radar/satellite antenna manufacturer to mount and complete all wiring connections
- 7/16" drill bit, 2 1/2" hole saw (smaller if your wiring loom will fit properly)
Items supplied by BattleWagon
- 1 snap in liquid tight bushing
- 1 snap in seal
- 1 base gasket
- Position the marine radar mount on the surface you wish to install the mount and mark the 4 bolt holes.
- Drill four 7/16" holes and one 2 1/2" hole (or smaller if appropriate).
- Run the radar cable from the display through the backing plate (if you are using one), and mounting surface.
- Run cable through the base of the antenna mount and exit through the hole in the rear of the pedestal. Use string or wire as needed to fish the cable through the mount.
- Position the BattleWagon radar mount and install the bolts, washers, and tighten.
- Install the antenna utilizing the supplied hardware.
- Poke a hole in the liquid tight bushing and slide over the cable, large end first. Lubrication with light oil will make this step easier. Use a hair dryer if necessary to heat the bushing and ease getting the plug through the bushing.
- Snap the liquid tight bushing into the hole in the back of the pedestal.
- Wire the cable to the antenna following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Push excess cable through the liquid tight bushing to create a watertight seal.
If you are uncomfortable with this installation, please utilize the services of a certified marine technician.
You can also download the installation guide by choosing the file below: